Ordinance No. 1491
An ordinance amending Section 2.66.020 of the Friday Harbor Municipal Code relating to the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
- Whereas, the Town of Friday Harbor has adopted an ordinance levying both a 2% percent excise tax and an additional 2% excise tax on the sale or charges made for the furnishing of lodging
- Whereas, an advisory committee was created by Ordinance No. 1170, as amended by Ordinance 1287, to advise the Council on the use of funds generated by the additional 2% excise tax received by the Town
- Whereas, the Council has determined that the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is too restrictive as it relates to the requirements for membership on the board
- Now therefore, be it ordained by the Council of the Town of Friday Harbor as follows.
Section 2.66.020 of the Friday Harbor Municipal Code is hereby amended to read as follows: "2.66.020 Appointment, terms and qualifications. Members of the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Council and shall serve indefinite terms at the will of the Council. Members other than the two members of the Town Council that serve on the committee shall consist of at least two who are the owners of businesses which are obligated to collect excise tax imposed by this Chapter."
Section 2. Effective Date
This ordinance shall become effective following publication in accordance with State law.
- Adopted this 6th day of September, 2012.
- Town of Friday Harbor
- Carrie Lacher, Mayor
- Attest: Amy E. Taylor, Town Clerk